Stem.MD is an inter-disciplinary national medical practice run by world-renowned physicians and surgeons who are leaders in their respective fields and pioneers in regenerative medicine.
Chief Medical Officer
Dr. Joseph Purita is a pioneer within the worlwide orthopaedic surgery community. Located in Boca Raton, Florida his passion is to find better, more improved methods of helping heal patients, which has led him to the field of regenerative medicine. Like all Stem.MD physicians, Dr. Purita prides himself on offering the latest surgical and non-surgical techniques to his clients, which range from celebrities to weekend athletes to the elderly.
Watch Dr. Purita on ABC News discuss the latest regenerative techniques and protocols of Stem.MD. As one of the few physicians who utilize both bone marrow and fat stem cells in the treatment of muscular problems, Dr. Purita has spent his medical career on the cutting edge of anti-aging technology.
Dr. Purita graduated from Georgetown University Medical School and served his surgical internship at the University of Florida Medical Center. Following the completion of a residency in orthopedic surgery at University of Miami-Jackson Memorial Hospital – where he served as chief administrative resident – Dr. Purita joined the Boca Raton Orthopedic Group in 1981. He has lectured internationally on five continents and has been instrumental in helping some countries design their policies concerning the use of regenerative medicine.
In 2010, MLB player, Bartolo Colon received stem cell injections from Dr. Purita after half a decade struggle with shoulder and elbow injuries. Dr. Purita treated him and in a comeback that was nothing short of miraculous, Colon went on to pitch his signature 95-mile-an-hour fastball the next season.
Treated Conditions: Where is your pain?
Stem.MD’s meticulously developed treatment plans are tailored to specific conditions and needs. Our most commonly treated conditions include osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, tendonitis and torn ACL, joint degradation, COPD and more. For information regarding your particular condition, give us a call at 561-320-1256.
- It's been nothing but 100% improvement….It just continues to get better….I’ve been avoiding doing stairways and I have to be real careful climbing in and out of equipment. I find myself being a lot more relaxed, not having the problems, not having the pain. I don't have the swelling in my knees that I used to have and it hasn’t been waking me up at night. View my video testimonial hereRobert Fields
- My name is Susan and I’m 62 year old… I just finished having my second PRP treatment and I’m very, very happy with the results… I can do all kinds of things I wasn't able to do before…I believe my knee will continue to get better as the cartilage grows. Thank you! View my video testimonial hereSusan
- Many thanks to the Stem MD team for giving me the use of my hands back, pain free! Professional, courteous and compassionate, describes this team of caring people. To anyone considering this procedure, I say you will be amazed and thankful at the results.Lenita Brewer
- Thank you for giving my life and health back. The PRP treatment worked wonders and helped alleviate the pain. I highly recommend the anti-inflammatory diet, Dr. Purita suggested. My body noticed the difference and I lost 35 pounds. I can finally be active again!Jennica Califf
Coconut Creek, Florida
- I thought there was no hope for my chronic back pain. I am so thankful I found out about Dr. Purita and stem cells. I have had back pain for over 5 years, debilitating me to do everyday things. Today my pain has gone down 50%. I tell all my friends and family and wish everyone knew about this wonderful treatment. Thank you so much Dr. PuritaAmanda
- It has been 3 months since my mothers procedure to her knees. Now, my mom climbs into the van without any help, before we had to pull her up and assist her. She does not take painkillers anymore, even her recurring bladder infection and Diabetes is well controlled. All my friends and colleagues are super amazed every time I show them a video of my mom dancing. Thank you so much what you have done for my mom it is truly wonderful and I am forever indebted to you.Malou Aragon-De Veyra
- I came to Dr. Purita on the advice of a friend when I expressed trepidations about cortisone shots or the possibility no matter how remote of a joint replacement. I was a wrestler in high school and college, and this had done no good for my kneed as I aged. I had no expectations, only hope that somehow my knees could be made less fragile by the stem cell therapy my friend described. I had gotten to the point where any down stairs journey or stepping down off a van or public bus was excruciating, to the point that I usually made an exclamation that wasn't fit for public utterance every time I stepped off a bus or a van. My expectations were neutral at best. I had no idea as to how this stem cell therapy would impact my general health whatsoever. I can say without hesitation that the results have been beyond what I could have hoped. My knees are now cooperative to the point that sometimes I take the stairs down just because I can. I have resumed walking the stairs up and down at work, and I can say that I really don't think about anything I want to do where my kneed are involved. I am not quite where I was when I was 20, but 35 is a real thought, my flexibility and agility are restored to a level I could not have imagined. As an additional part of the procedure Dr. Purita also injected stem cell into my left hand, which has been diagnosed with some arthritis. The results are less instantaneously spectacular, but the had continues to improve. I no longer sit in my office while my hand burns with joint pain, my movement and most of my strength are improving daily, and I have a feeling that within a month or so I will have the same level of improvement I have experiences with my knees. Many thanks to the friend who recommended the trip to Dr. Purita's office, and to Dr. Purita and his staff who have put thoughts of joint replacement and the mad merry-go-round of cortisone shots far in the past for me.Mark Burns
- The United States is blessed with wonderful physicians that practice medicine in what I refer to as their comfort zone or practicing in the box. Upon our initial appointment with Dr. Purita, we were impressed by his desire to think and practice out of the box for the benefit of his patients. It was obvious that he had spent years in research and thought to develop his stem cell injection procedure. Last spring my wife was walking bone on bone with extreme chronic pain in both knees. We were faced with the possibility of having to have knee replacement. In an effort to avoid major surgery with the potential of one-year rehabilitation, we were investigating the potential of stem cell therapy. Through a mutual friend, we were advised to secure appointment procedures with outstanding results. While we were flying to Boca Raton I asked my wife how she would evaluate success. She said that if she could walk again without pain and ride her horse that would be her goal. After three treatments on one knee and five on the other knee she was successfully walking without pain. Two weeks before Christmas, we had a beautiful snowfall I the mountains and we both had a wonderful day riding our horses in the snow.James
- Dr. Purita injected my right knee December 2010 with PRP injection. The knee previously ha arthroscopic surgery, 5 synovisc injections and 3 cortisone injections to no success. Since the PRP injection, my right knee is perfect – workout four times a week with no pain. I am a healthy, 69 year old female and hereby attest that the PRP therapy works.Lillian E. Simon
Boca Raton, Florida
- I had suffered from limitations resulting from osteoarthritis of my right hip. This condition caused me pain and disability for over a year. After much research I chose to have stem cell therapy to relieve this deteriorating condition. Your successful treatment has truly improved my quality of life.Dr. David Glickman
- In June 2011, the notion of using adult stem cells for treatment for my severely degenerative ankle came to my attention. After years of chronic pain, my only resource seemed to be ankle joint replacement, yet I could never seem to come to terms with having it done despite being seen by experts in New Jersey and Seattle who affirmed I was a viable candidate. As I researched, your name and credentials, it quickly caught my interest and I made my appointment and underwent the adipose fat harvesting procedure plus PRP, followed by a second round of PRP a month later. It's now September 2011, and I wanted to let you know how grateful I am for having the procedure and for the positive effect it has had on my life. For the first time in years, I am pain medication free. I can take daily 3-mile walks with my husband and exercise with little reservation. It feels NORMAL. I continue to make progress with range of motion. For a lady, being able to wear more stylish shoes has been like a small blessing. As a reader of the Orthopedics This Week Journal, I learned about how you and your colleagues performed the procedure on New York Yankees pitcher Bartolo Colon, and how Texas Governor Rick Perry had the same procedure performed in Texas in conjunction with his recent back surgery. I am very pleased to provide my word of mouth testimonial to others whom I think might be influenced by my success. I just wanted you to know what a difference it has made in my life, and to thank you for the miracle.Brenda Morris
Apollo Beach, Florida
- It has been a pleasure working with you and your team. I can't thank you enough for coordinating my entire procedure from start to finish so I could focus on making the visits and more importantly, a fast recovery. Kudos to the entire team. Should I ever need any additional stem cell procedures performed in the future, I will be sure to contact you all immediately because Dr. Purita is simply the BEST in the field of stem cells! Both knees have improved by 80% in only two months and I have returned to the active lifestyle, which I enjoy; most of all I am able to play tennis once again!Karzett Parham
Raleigh, North Carolina